Official Tax Documents

Documents for providing proof of the University of Houston-Clear Lake's Federal and State exemption, Taxpayer Identification Number, Hotel Occupancy Tax exemption, Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption Certificate, Personal Property Tax exemption, and Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return.

Federal Tax Exemption - Exemption Memorandum and Residency Certificate.

Form 990-T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return - This form should be sent to a granter or donor that has requested a Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax. Form 990 is required to be filed by an exempt organization under section 501(c)(3), which the University is exempt as a governmental educational organization.

Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate - This certificate should be given to the motor vehicle rental company to be exempt from Motor Vehicle Tax.

Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate - This certificate should be given to the hotel or motel operator for exemption from Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax.

Texas Personal Property Tax Exemption - This memorandum provides the facts and circumstances under which the University is exempt from Texas Personal Property Tax in accordance with statutory authority.

Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification - This certificate should be supplied to vendors when making purchases which qualify for exemption from Texas Sales and Use Tax.

UHCL Form W-9 (signed) - This form should be sent to any company that pays the University of Houston-Clear Lake and requests a Taxpayer Identification Number. Also, a letter from the Internal Revenue Service is included that verifies the University's Taxpayer Identification Number.


  • Finance

    Phone: 281-283-2140
    Fax: 281-283-2137

    North Office Annex II 1500
    2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 103
    Houston, TX 77058-1002

    Office Hours:
    Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.