Provide UHCL with a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates university and community resources to protect lives, property and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery from all natural and man-made hazards that may impact our campus.
Download the Emergency Management Plan (EMP) - Login Required
What we do
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for UHCL.
- Maintain and update the university's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis and All Hazards Plan.
- Activate and staff the UHCL Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with other county, city, university, departments, agencies and task force elements to develop a variety of related emergency plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate for local, state and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Maintain and operate the university's fixed-site and mobile Emergency Operations Center.
- Conduct emergency and disaster education workshops.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings and special statements issued by the National Weather Service.
- Serve as staff support for the Pasadena Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) for Hazardous Materials.
- Provide assistance and support to all public safety agencies, government entities and private sector partners through planning, training and exercising.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response units and on scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide Continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.
Business Continuity Plan
Business Continuity Plans (BCP) ensure operations may be performed efficiently with minimal disruptions. The intent of the plan is to establish operational concepts and identify tasks and responsibilities required to carry out emergency management and recovery. For assistance with continuity planning contact the Office of Emergency Management at 281-283-2261 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the UHCL Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) - Login Required