You may wonder why data are differing between Enrollment Management and Institutional Research. The answer lies with state reporting requirements.
Enrollment management figures reflect the actual number of students paying tuition and fees at the undergraduate and graduate level. IR figures reflect numbers that are reported to the State and are used for formula funding purposes.
In accordance to State rules, IR headcount figures are adjusted to:
- Exclude students added to classes after census at the request of the schools or reinstate after the nonpaid drop by appeal
- Exclude students who enroll only in the second eight week session (these students are reported in state figures the following semester)
- Report all students in graduate certificate plans or non-degree seeking status as undergraduate students
In accordance to State rules, IR student credit hour figures are adjusted to:
- Include SCHs from the second eight week session from the prior semester
- Exclude SCHs from the second eight week session from this semester
- Exclude the hours of students added to classes after census for various reasons